Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hey Y'all

I'm back. We got in Monday night and while it was a great trip, I love being home. Had a ton o' fun sitting by the pool, playing Yahtzee and drinking really yummy frozen drinks. Danica and I went with my mom and dad and 6 of their friends. We were worried about being the "young" ones and how everyone might be offended by us wanting to drink adult beverages. Well, ha! The joke was on us. We're total lightweights. Cannot even begin to hang with those people. They were so much fun and apparently need no sleep after a night of margaritas and dancing.

We stayed at a smaller house in the same villa complex that Manny and Hunter got married in 2 years ago. It was just the 10 of us in our group at the house and it was perfect. We had great food (so fresh-you would not believe the pineapples!) and enjoyed not having a true schedule. We only did what we wanted to and didn't do the stuff we didn't want to. (It was nice living the life Toser lives every day.) The one thing we really wanted to do and did was the canopy tour where you put on a harness and connect yourself to various zip lines and zip from tree to tree going up to 25 miles/hour at times. And when we were done zipping we went on a 3 hour tour (a 3 hour tour) in rafts on the Tempisque River. They billed it as a floating trip but it was more of a let's kill ourselves rowing in a river that isn't flowing much trip. We had fun but man we were tired and I got roasted by the sun. My delicate little skin cannot handle that much adventure in the Costa Rican sun. Of course I only got roasted on the top of my right arm and on the inside of my left leg. I wanted to get some sun while we were there but I wanted a more even color scheme, not the patchwork I'm sporting right now.

Oh well, we're back to the real world now. I missed the boys and I think they missed me. I know I missed my 6th year anniversary of being married to Mr. Awesome. But that's how awesome he is. He didn't bat an eye when we realized I would be gone on June 1st. He's such a great husband, a wonderful dad and my bestest friend in the whole world. He puts up with me so we know he's a saint. I love you Mr. Awesome!

No comments:

Counter