Saturday, December 27, 2008

mERry Christmas

It wouldn't be a great Christmas if not for a trip to the ER. Tater woke up Christmas morning with a fever and when he still had it last night and Tylenol and Motrin weren't working to my satisfaction, off to the ER we went. He wasn't admitted, thank God, but he has some kind of something they couldn't find the source of. No pneumonia, no ear infection, just a really high white blood cell count that says he has something... He had a round of IV antibiotics at the hospital and came home with a prescription for 2 oral antibiotics. I'm not convinced it's bacterial and am reluctant to start antibiotics but I do not have a medical degree so here goes 10 days of gross diapers. Merry Christmas!

Seriously though, we all had a great Christmas in spite of the fever and got spoiled more than we should have. The boys got some great toys from the family and our big project this week is to clean out the playroom and get those great toys out of the living room. We've had visits from Leeda and her boys, Aunt Gigi and Uncle Craig and Kajja is here until Monday. Toser thinks everyone who visits is his personal storybook reader and everyone has been nice enough to comply. We were able to see my entire family Christmas Eve for my grandmother's 80th birthday and we loved being around everyone at once. It's been a great holiday for us.

I hope you all had a great holiday yourself! We're pretty slammed until New Year's around here so I'll check back in when 2009 rolls around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the ER!! Ben told Walt he was feeling a little better??? Poor little guy. Glad you guys still had a nice Christmas.
KK

Amy said...

No need to break a tradition, huh, Tater? ;) I'm glad he's okay, though, and you're not posting from a hospital room. Love on the boys for us.

Chloe's mom said...

AWWWWW!!! I'm sorry about Tater's fever!!!! Is he better now!!! Give him some hugs for me and a great big belly raspberry!!!
Happy New Year guys!! I'm hanging out here with Chloe while daddy works. Nothing exciting...will probably have a drink and watch tv after Princess goes to bed. :)

Counter