We are beginning day 3 of the three year-old running a 103-104 degree fever. It was 3 degrees outside our house at 3:00am this morning. If Toser's doctor's appointment was at 3 instead of 4 this afternoon, I might begin to think something is up. hmm?
It is seriously cold here. I know it's much, much colder in other places but this is Alabama, for goodness's sake! And not only is it currently 10 degrees outside now, inside it's not warmer than 60 degrees and both of the heat pumps have been running wide open for the last 2 days. Usually it would be okay and the extra 10 layers we're wearing would be fine but I have a kid on his death bed (not really but the way he is whining I should be preparing. OMG I cannot take Noggin cartoons anymore!). One of our toilets is frozen and our wood is damp so I cannot keep a fire going in the living room wood stove. It doesn't sound like I'm complaining, does it?
But it's not all bad. We're quite lucky in spite of MY whining. Tater seems to be doing okay and Mr. Awesome will be able to get away for some much needed guy time this weekend. I'll be going to see Manny and Brett in South Alabama next weekend. Toser isn't really dying although I may have a justifiable homicide defense after 3 days of Lazy Town. See? It's the little things that keep me happy around here and we really are lucky. I'll have to keep reminding myself of that today and stop the %$#@ whining already.
Update: How in the Hayull do they know?! Toser's appointment is in 30 minutes and he no longer has a fever. After waking up this morning at 103?! I'm still taking him in, if only to punish him for making me watch Noggin for 3 days.
Update 2: Just a virus. His fever went back up by the time we got to the office and the doc said it may stay around until Monday. I would ask for someone to bring me alcohol if I didn't think that I am now getting what he has.
No comments:
Post a Comment