(I can't turn Wubbzy around for some reason... you can see him in his full glory, along with more birthday pics, in the boys' online birthday album)
We had the big blowout on Saturday with family and friends. I was a little stressed about the cake but did bits of it here and there and it ended up not being the big ordeal I thought it would be. I learned about coloring candy and food and how there is a difference and that drawing with icing isn't as daunting as I imagined it to be. And how I should have done it sooner so I could have looked at it longer. It was very hard to cut that thing.
So, the boys. They had some fun. They got waaaaay too many presents (for which we're all very grateful-Mr A. especially loves the Matchbox cars) and Toser consumed waaaay too much sugar. We borrowed a bouncy house from the Bird family and everyone had a blast jumping/laying in it (including TyTy who made the drive over with JenJen just for the party-thanks guys!). It was as birthdays should be.
Toser went between sheer excitement to overload several times and he kept saying, "This is my special day." Whenever we asked Tater if he was having fun, he would shake his head and say, "Yeah, huh." And that kid has discovered the fun of presents. He loved opening them and didn't want his friends touching the paper. It was HIS party and those were HIS presents. Toser kept wanting to play with what he had just opened so we kept having to remind him he had more to open. I loved watching them. They were so happy.
We're looking forward to Toser's birthday tomorrow. Just one more present from us, dinner with Coco and Papa and we're done with the birthday week. Whew. (It's going to be like this every year?! help.)
No comments:
Post a Comment