This time of year drives me crazy with the rush that begins before Thanksgiving and doesn't end until after New Year's. We try to do simple (not a lot of parties, small gifts, etc.) but during the holidays even simple can turn into extravagant before you know it. I've been thinking about this a lot lately... No matter how hard our lives can be at times, dealing with Tater's medical issues brings and gives us so much we would have missed otherwise. We've met wonderful people, we don't take much for granted and we have no choice but to slow down and live life simply.
This is what I'm most grateful for: having to have a simple life. We're super busy with doctors, therapy, and school but for the most part, we live pretty simply. We don't do a lot of extracurricular activities and we opt out of a lot of things because of the germ factor or because of schedule conflicts with appointments. Tater having a trach has made us change gears and spend a lot of time together as a family and we're pretty content in that regard. I know this will change as the boys get older and their interests start to broaden but right now, I'm so grateful we have the simple life. Especially this time of year when everything can get so crazy.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment