Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So Much For That

I checked Toser out of school today so he could go vote with me.  Our voting precinct is at the fire station next to his school so he was gone all of 10 minutes.  I sat down with him to show him the ballot and show him how we vote for each candidate.  He started glossing over and soon asked how much longer I was going to be because he didn't want to miss PE.  Thus ended our Civics lesson for today.  I know 5 is young to care about stuff like this but I really thought he would like it.  Heh.  Joke's on me.  (And I'm going to torture him for the next 15 years, embarrassing him by checking him out to vote with me.  Fair is fair.)

2 comments:

Jen said...

The girls had the SAME reaction. Whatever. :)

Amy said...

That's beautiful. ;) I completely agree with the 15 year plan. Then make him wear the 'I voted' sticker back to school!

Counter