- Actors on kids' shows. Do the hosts on The Sunny Side Up Show really love their job? What about the actors on The Fresh Beat Band? I doubt they make a ton of money so there has to be some love, right? Are they hoping for the next big break? Did they lose a bet? I'm intrigued.
- My children. I love them. I love them more than anything in the world. How do they drive me so crazy?
- Doctors, their "policies"and how those policies aren't always effective. Tater and I once waited on a neurologist for over 2 hours. I had to drive an hour and half home and it was already 4pm, so I decided to leave before Tater ever saw the doctor and you can bet I was determined to never go back. But Tater's pulmonologist really wants him to see this particular neuro. The appointment has been made and I received a notice that states: If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you will not be seen and the appointment will not be rescheduled. I'm sure they say this is so they don't get backed up and have to make patients wait. Ha. Hahahahaha. Not funny.
- How a loving God would pick my child to have the burden of a special needs life. How a compassionate God would take a sweet little boy named Angus, who had the most gorgeous smile and who dealt with so much in his short life, away from his family. How a nurturing God would let any sweet child deal with any obstacle. I don't get it. I'm reading When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold Kushner. I hope I can find some perspective.
- (full circle here) Is Dr. Scott the Paleontologist the most dynamic paleontologist they could find to host a children's show? Is dynamic paleontologist an oxymoron? Dr. Scott is cute, he obviously knows his dinosaurs, but he's lacking a certain je ne sais quois I've come to expect in my children's programming.
Friday, December 3, 2010
Perplexed
Things that perplex me, in no certain order:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Let me know what you think of the book "When Bad Things Happen To Good People". I haven't read that one yet and I'm curious if it's a worthwhile read.
OMG - you always make me laugh, girl! I have had the same questions about Dr. Scott the Paleontologist!! Every time I see Dinosaur Train I think the same thing.
Leeda
Post a Comment