Okay, listen. I tend to err on the side of DRAMATIC. If something is only so-so, I can make it SO-SO-SO. It's a gift that makes life very exciting.
So yesterday. Tater and I left for Birmingham, it was raining, my stomach was in knots. I really wanted to call and cancel. But we went- Tater all snuggled in his seat watching Mater's Tall Tales, laughing out loud; me calling Mr. A every 5 minutes so I could complain about the rain and not wanting to go. We get to clinic, which is actually not that bad because patients are seen in the sleep clinic rooms which are sooped up hospital rooms with TVs. We see nutrition, respiratory, etc., individually. They all meet to talk about Tater then come back to talk to us together. I had told our care plan nurse about going to Cincinnati but no one was bringing it up in the summary talk. They were telling me about their plan for the next few months and I started stuttering about how we want to take Tater to Cincinnati because of the ENT team and uh, uh, uh....
Tater's pulmonologist said she thinks going to Cincinnati is a good idea and they only want us to have all the information we can have before we go up there. huh? I could swear these people were dragging their feet about this. They made an ENT appointment without telling me, our vent nurse looked taken aback every time I said Cincinnati, they punked us with a new GI doctor yesterday; all signs were pointing to STAY IN BIRMINGHAM. But apparently, we're going to Cincinnati with full support and lots of testing and information.
This is good. I'm grateful they are backing me up because it could make life a bit uncomfortable if they didn't want us to go. But I feel confused. Like I was being so dramatic about something so inconsequential. I was so torn up about this and they're all, "Yes, go to Cincinnati!"
Y'all, I'm apparently a nut. Tater's medical issues have made me certifiable. I just knew they didn't want us to go. Maybe they read the blog?! I guess the lesson here is to take everything I say and get worked up about with a grain of salt because chances are, it's all going to be bunk. The important thing is, we're going to Cincinnati! No bridges have been burned! Tater getting the care he needs is all that matters here and my sanity is just a side note. Until it's not. Please be nice to me when I finally do crack. And bring raw chocolate.
P.S. Here's the link to the Aerodigestive Team we'll be seeing in Cincinnati: http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/svc/alpha/a/aerodigestive/default.htm We hope to go in April over Spring Break.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's crazy how much worry and stress we put ourselves through for no reason. "Mommy" is what it's called, I think. Hang in there and I will be praying for this trip and all that is leading up to it~especially your sanity! Love you!!!
Your right--they probably read your blog...maybe they were just afraid you were going to cry :)
So glad you are going! Wish I could fix the other issues for you!! :( I hopw Cincinnati is a great experience!
Post a Comment