Everything we've learned the last few weeks has led up to today... Today we loaded up Tater, his ventilator, his portable suction, oxygen, oximeter and go bag and went to the Birmingham Zoo as our out-of-house transport with the home vent program nurse, respiratory therapist and social worker. We did all this to prove that we can load Tater and his stuff and make it out in the real world. And we passed! Tater didn't dig being at the zoo, but we PASSED! No more teaching or classes, no more getting checked off on trach changes and suctioning, no more waiting for the next thing because the next thing is here.
So now we're "rooming-in" with Tater which means we're responsible for every bit of the care he needs. We've been doing this since we got here so it's not a big deal to us to "provide" all of Tater's care. But this means we're so close to going home. Tater's discharge date is Monday and we CANNOT wait!
This last week has been crazy with the learnin' of stuff and wrappin' up of things and I have so much I want to post about but right now I'm going to sit here with Tater and snuggle. (oh- and I've uploaded some new pics to: http://picasaweb.google.com/tosertater/ToserAndTaterBdayPics)
6 comments:
CS-
Thanks for the pics. Your boys are beautiful! I know you are so ready to go home. I am glad though that you were able to enjoy a little of Bham. I really appreciate your updates. Especially when you throw in a video funny! Take care, Angie Richardson
Congratulations! That is such great news!
Congratulations on passing the "test" and great job with all you've done....the unbelievable decisions you've had to make, the travel, all the Dr.s and staff you've learned from and teaching them a thing or two, the time you made sure was well spent with both the boys, the continuous blog updates, work and all the organizing of day to day things at home and at the hospital. Yay you!!!!(now pat yourself on the back!) Can't wait for you to come home!!!!
I'm so excited that you guys are coming home!! Let us know what your plans are for visitors and stuff! We'd love to see you guys again. The boys have gotten SO big...
By the way, I tried to buy something for Tater's birthday fund, but it wouldn't let me past the "Add to Cart" screen. Could be user error...that's been known to happen. I'll try it again, but thought I'd mention it in case the website is having trouble.
Love you guys!
Amy, Sandy, Kieran and Connery
Yeah! we are ready for our baby to be home! Hope to come see you guys in the morning. i will call you and let you know.
I can't say "YEAH" enough times in this comment field to express just how happy I am for you all!!
Post a Comment