Thursday, September 25, 2008

No Naps for You

Tater is loving the scooting. His therapists aren't so crazy about it because as far as developmental milestones go, scooting isn't really one of them. They're extremely happy he is moving but scooting doesn't develop any other skills (other than we can treat nasty rug burn and knock it out in a day-shouldn't that count?). Right now, he's scooting back and forth between a toy and the front door. He will sit at the front door and wave at people who are walking by. We and the neighbors think it's pretty much the cutest thing.

Toser is not loving life right now. We got really lax about bedtimes this summer and it had gotten out of hand (um, 10:00pm?!) so we're doing bedtime boot camp this week. No naps means he's actually tired at a decent hour but means the afternoons have been hell for everyone. I hope after this week we can start naps again and still get to bed on time. He was upstairs just now and was too quiet so I went to check. He was in bed, lights out, asleep. My poor child is having to sneak naps. Meanwhile, I'm sneaking wine.

CC and LJ came over today so CC could learn Tater's care and vent settings (it helps that she's a RN with many degrees and is very quick in the picking up of medical things). She insists someone else should know, just in case. Isn't she smart and pretty? And I got to hold LJ so I get 2 bonuses out of the teaching.

We're all good here. Tater's off oxygen this week but that could change. Mr. Awesome's work has calmed down and he isn't so preoccupied all the time. I had a breakdown yesterday about something very inconsequential but a good dinner with great friends was what I needed. I laughed so hard (KWu, you're hilarious) and was refreshed today. Everything seems to be even keel this week other than the naps. I hope it lasts!

1 comment:

Chloe's mom said...

Good luck on the Naptime Bootcamp!!! :) I could learn a thing or two from you!!! :) HUGS to Tater and Toser!! BTW: I think it's ADORABLE Tater's a little social butterfly!!!! ;)

Counter