Mr. Awesome is away for the weekend at a Men's Sensitivity Weekend (he hates that I call it that) where he and his closest friends drink lots of beer, eat lots of red meat and talk lots of sports. They're all about being MEN this weekend and not the under-appreciated workmen they're reduced to the rest of the year. Mr. Awesome deserves a break because he works hard to support all of us and does more than his share of the work here at home. I'm glad he's getting a chance to be with friends and recharge.
So, of course, Toser is being extra whiny and talkative tonight and I think my brain may be oozing out of my ears. I'm not proud that I've resorted to turning on the TV so he will just shut up already. I know. I've already said it all to myself but it's worth the guilt because my head is seriously going to explode any minute. BUT I love that kid more than anything because he just turned to me and said, "I love you Mommy." How does he know I was this close? He's still going to Coco and Papa's to spend the night tomorrow. In his defense, he's having a rough week. The paci fairy came and he hasn't been so crazy about bedtime. Yes. He still slept with a pacifier up until a few nights ago. We justified it this long because it was only at bedtime but it was time to cut it loose. And yes, we resorted to introducing a mythical creature that came while he was asleep and left a balloon that we tied the paci to and let go into the wild blue yonder. We meant to get rid of it after last Christmas but Tater was in and out of the hospital and then in for 3 months so getting rid of the pacifier just wasn't high on the list of priorities around here. Of course when I started telling him last weekend that the paci fairy was coming, I wasn't thinking about Mr. Awesome being gone this weekend. I'm all about the bad timing. Tonight should be FUN. Lord help me. But poor Toser. He's been really torn up about it, as seen in the video.
Tater got a new gait trainer today! It's purple and we're calling it the sports car. His other one is so old I can't find a picture of it on the internet. He loves his sports car. Today in therapy he actually moved his legs enough to move the gait trainer forward. Before, when we put him in the old one, he would hold his legs up and cry. It's very neat to see him being mobile standing up. He looks so tall! Tonight I put him in it in front of the TV and he just stood there, which is good therapy because he was bearing weight on his legs which he just doesn't do. He's still got a little work in the form department but yay!! Here's a video of him moving today in therapy (sorry about the shaking-I was laughing):
And I joined the Y and am getting in shape. I need me some muscles in order to haul Tater and his gear around. I'm enjoying fitting into some old jeans and feel better about myself than I have in a long time. I love the moving forward we've all done lately. Makes me feel all productive or something.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice balance in the videos there! Tragedy and triumph! ;) I watched Toser's video, thinking, "How exciting. He'll start asking, 'where's it going?' and will only miss it later tonight." But NOOOOO....the poor guy!! A friend of ours still remembers her dad talking her into throwing her paci off a bridge, and to this day they call it Paci Bridge. But she turned out just fine, we think. Haha
And Tater's video was so exciting! He really is cruising! Yay! And I LOVE his "I'm with Handsome" shirt!
I'm glad you're working out...keep telling me how great you feel, okay, because SKP and I are joining the gym by our house. And I know what a slacker I am when it comes to working out.
Love on the boys, and enjoy your weekend to miss Mr. A.
Awww - I felt so bad for Toser, but I'm sure the story will soon translate to "the day I sent my paci flying into the air"!!! I thought it was a neat idea instead of it just mysteriously vanishing forever.
Watch out - Tater will need NASCAR sponsors before too long!! I love his purple sports car - and I can only imagine what freedom it gives him (and you and Mr A.).
I have a question for you - you said that putting Toser in front of the TV helped when he was talking your ears off - does that trick work for husbands? Used to, I couldn't get him away from the computer, but now.... help!!
I'll be up the weekend after your b'day - do you mind celebrating it twice? I can hardly wait to see everyone. Love to all... betty
Post a Comment