Monday, February 23, 2009

Passive Logistics

Apparently, I need a life...

We live next to a State Park on a Mountain (1600ft is considered a Mountain in Alabama), as in the State Park is less than 100 feet from our back deck. We love it here. Will not ever move if we have anything to do with it. LOVE IT!

There used to be 2 roads to get to the park but now there's only one because the other is eroding into the mountainside and a lot of people have very heated opinions about whether that road should be reopened or not. I have no huge opinion about reopening the road because I can see pros and cons to both sides (yes, I see how a lack of opinion on my part is surprising to you). Today, though, I hate that there's only one road because they're doing drainage work on that road and State Park traffic is being rerouted down our street for 30 days.

These people (let's call them lowlanders) are not good drivers. They're too fast, they drive stinky cars and they are making my quiet little street not-so-quiet. You know I was on the phone first thing this morning. My reputation must have preceded me because I was transferred and put on hold and finally got someone's voicemail. Mr. A called and was put straight through to the appropriate person.

I don't know what we're trying to accomplish but we don't like the idea of all this fast traffic and our little boys who like to ride their tricycles on walks. If they can't put in temporary speed bumps to slow these people down, I have a plan: I'm parking our old car that we've been needing to sell in the street. People will have to slow down to go around the car and if someone happens to hit it, they get to buy it from us, 2 birds with one stone and all that jazz! I'm such a good problem solver! I think I'll hire myself out as a Passive Logistics Consultant. If you don't want to directly handle an issue you have, I can come up with the most convoluted plan and maybe you'll get extra benefits. Call me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're too funny! Park it a little bit out in the road too--no shoulder-hugging.
KK

Counter