Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I know, I know

I have 3 posts back-to-back that are nothing but rants and then I leave you cold. I just haven't been fired up about much lately. ;) I mean, why are people being all nice and reasonable? Don't they know I have a blog to write?

Tater had a sleep study last week and they think he's doing pretty well. The doc changed some of his vent settings and changed his trach to a longer, smaller one but those are all linear changes, not better, not worse. Tater's just hanging in there and doing his thing.

And the best news! Manny had her baby!! My beautiful niece, Kendall Claire, aka SweetCheeks, was born on the 27th and is sooo cute (I still have to upload the pics, but take my word for it, she's adorable). Toser and I went down to see her that weekend and I did not want to give her back to her exhausted mom and dad. They're still in the sleeplessness funk that comes with having a newborn but I think they're doing well. Manny got a cold and sounds pitiful, but at least she doesn't sound hysterical like I did when we brought Toser home. I remember that feeling all too well. ugh. Not that the almost-4-years-old-and-won't-take-a-nap stage is that much better, but at least I'm getting uninterrupted sleep at night.

The boys birthdays are coming up. Toser deserves a blow-out because Tater has kind of sabotaged the last 2. When Toser turned 2, Tater was 6 days old and we had no clue what was happenning so the birthday party was a family friend bringing a cake and 4 of us watching Toser blow out the candles before Mr. A and I rushed back to the hospital. When Toser turned 3, Tater was still in Birmingham and the birthday party was literally eating cupcakes on the floor of the hospital room. You better believe Toser remembers that one. He's always asking if I remember Manny bringing cupcakes to the hospital and how we ate there. Breaks my heart every stinkin' time.

I'm not one to throw huge kids' parties, but I am making sure the family party will be fun for both boys and I will be making this cake. Yes, it will be a joint party. No, they don't care. No, I wouldn't care if they did care. No, they don't need presents. Yes, I'm THAT mother. Yes, they still love me anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet baby! I want to make wubbzy's appendages if you will allow....:)

Counter