Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mummy Head


Hello. Hospitals suck.

Tater is doing well. He had a 24 hour EEG to test for seizure activity last night. He's been having these shudders that look like cold chills. His local neurologist doesn't think they're anything but wanted to check everything out just in case. They attached a ton of wires to his head and then wrapped it in gauze. He looked like a cute little mummy. He kept pulling at them and getting in trouble but seemed to do well. We have no clue when we'll get the results from that but will keep you updated.

With the EEG he was moved to a regular room. His pulmonologist is now his primary physician at the hospital and he informed us we were looking at Monday before we could come home but if I pushed he might discharge Tater Saturday or Sunday. PPPPPPPUUUUUUUSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!! Best we can tell he wants Tater there for more observation. I actually forgot to ask why he wanted to keep him so long. Sleep deprivation + a lot of info to take in + hospital air = befuddlement. Tater's sats keep plummeting when he's off the O2 and we know for sure he will come home on O2 full time.

We have a cardiologist's appointment in Nashville on Tuesday which is a major miracle. We have a GI appointment the same day so it works out great. The cardiologist we're seeing has no new appointments for a while but Doctor Mama again kicked some major butt and got us in. The cardiologist's office even called Tater's GI and got that appointment moved (again: miracle) so they could fit us in. Of course they're in different offices, one in Franklin and one at Vandy but we're used to the drive and are looking forward to some possible answers to the pulmonary hypertension (PH). PH is a very serious problem, especially with Tater's other issues, so they're looking at finding those answers ASAP. And we'll be following up with another sleep study at UAB in the next couple of weeks.

As you can tell, we're going to be a bit busy in the upcoming weeks. If we don't return calls or emails please forgive us and know we're very grateful for those and your prayers and thoughts.

And in other news: Ben got back Monday night from skiing in Colorado (note to self, Colorado also sucks-every time Ben goes there by himself we have a family medical emergency). I took these pictures to send to him while he was gone.



Oh, and my cat poops in the toilet. I can’t get my 2 year old to go but I lock our garage cat in the bathroom one night when it’s 9° outside and he poops in the toilet. I swear. At first I thought someone broke in to use the bathroom. But no, it was the cat. I can’t complain about my life being boring, now can I?

No comments:

Counter