Friday, January 11, 2008

Sunny and 30 degrees inside

We have Internet in this room, which is only 50 feet from the last room where there was none. Go figure.

Tater's still in the hospital because he's retaining fluid which is not good when you already have fluid build up around your heart from pulmonary hypertension. And his oxygen levels are all over the board. So we're here until both of those issues stabilize, probably Sunday at the earliest.

It is freezing in this room. It faces the south so we get sun all day but Tater is sweating from the extra work he has just to breathe and we're having to keep it cool. He's in a thin gown and I'm in a sweater and fleece jacket under a blanket. brrrr rabbits.

Tater is still his cute self. The nurses LOVE him. And he knows how to work them: not smiling until they act interested, but then only a smirk; if they touch him he sticks his lip out and they swoon and then he kinda smiles again; it gets them every time. Such a flirt.

My mom is coming this afternoon to stay with Tater and YB and I are going to get some Toser time. I haven't seen him since Tuesday morning. We're keeping him away from the hospital because every kid up here has RSV (or the black plague as their pediatrician calls it). I miss that kid so much my chest aches. He drives me up the wall but I love him to death and can't stand not seeing him. My plan is to eat him up and then take whatever's left over to get ice cream.

We'll update if anything changes.

No comments:

Counter