Friday, February 1, 2008

duh

So. There's this switch on the front of my laptop that I flick back and forth all the time. It says Off and On and lights up when it's "on" but I've never known exactly what it does. I guess I figured if I needed it I would know. Wanna know what it is? It's the Wireless LAN switch. Meaning if I want to access a wireless network like the one I've been trying to access all week, it needs to be on. And it’s been off.

There you go. I now have internet access at the hospital.

No change with Tater. He was doing really well today when my brother was here with him, kicking his legs and really aware, but then got a fever and got yucky again. It’s going to be like this until the infection clears up. They’re still waiting for cultures from the lab to say if he has pneumonia but are treating him with antibiotics just in case. Still no definitive answer as to what the near future holds but Tater is tough and is hanging in there. And somehow he’s wooing the nurses even while he’s out. They all love him and the nurse today said, “Finally. I’ve been waiting to be assigned to him!” We feel really good about the care he’s getting and have no complaints.

YB was here last night while I went to art class and home. Painting therapy and sleep in my own bed did wonders but I’m starting to feel a little exhausted again. I should be able to get decent sleep here tonight because they’ll sedate Tater heavily again in a little while. YB is home with Toser and they’re probably having fun watching basketball in their underwear.

No comments:

Counter