Hopefully last night was the peak of Tater's infection because it was a pretty crappy night and I do not want to relive any of it again. The night nurse ended up staying in here with us all night it was that bad. RSV makes the lungs produce a really thick mucous (snot) that is hard for even an otherwise healthy person to cough up. Tater can’t really cough up much on a good day so the mucous is just hanging out, closing off part of his lungs and causing all sorts of problems. They changed him to a different type of ventilator (called an oscillator) this morning and things are stable again. If this is the peak of the RSV and there are no other complications, like bacterial pneumonia, then Tater should start improving over the next couple of days.
Toser is back at the wonderland that is Coco and Papa’s. He gets new cars from the dollar store, gets to eat all kinds of good things and gets to stay up until midnight. He’s partying like a rock star and loving every minute of it. Meanwhile, I only look like I partied like a rock star: I have wrinkled clothes from (not) sleeping on the couch, bags under my eyes, bad breath because I forget the last time I actually brushed my teeth and I’m dehydrated from drinking (coffee).
We’re still not able to have visitors and it’s best if YB and I stay close by to the Tater and not try to see people in the lobby. Thanks for all your encouragement, support and love.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I do hope that you've seen the worst of it. Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope you can get some rest. Love on both the boys for us.
I know nothing I can say will make anything any better or easier, but please know that you, YB, Tater and Toser are in our prayers every night. You are truly gifted in your writing and make me laugh through my tears. Thank you.
Post a Comment