Last night, a smart, sweet, strong little boy named Tommy decided he was done with his battle with congenital heart defects. I know of him through an online support group for parents of trach kids. His mom and I emailed back and forth recently and I found her to be a very dedicated and loyal mom who will do anything for her kids. He and his family have been through so much the last almost 2 years, a lot of it not even related to his health issues, and I can not believe they now have to go through living without their little boy. I know his family is heartbroken and I don't know what to do or say.
I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of fantastic yet really sick kids and their parents this past year. And some of those kiddos just don't make it. This is what I hate the most about being on this journey with Tater. I've found a world that most people know exist but never think about- a world where babies die for no reason and their parents have to live with questions for the rest of their lives. It sucks and it's not fair and most of the time there isn't a damn thing that can be done. It pisses me off and makes me sick to my stomach.
This morning, there is a mom who is having to tell her 9- and 5- year old sons that their little brother passed away. Please think about her and her family today. Take the time to think about the kids who won't make it to the end of the day and their families. And then remember them tomorrow and the day after. Don't ever forget them.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is just heartbreaking. And like you said, what can anyone say or do? Nothing seems to be enough.
Except hold our own little ones even tighter.
Kiss yours for me. I'll do the same here.
Amy
Post a Comment