Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Wow, guys.  The difference a day makes!  Tater is definitely improved and is actually off his vent at the moment, playing a version of soccer bowling (kicking a soccer ball towards bowling pins-he totally made this up himself).  We're about to head to my grandmother's house for Easter Dinner.  Yes, Dinner.  It's Sunday Dinner and Easter Dinner, even though it's lunch.  Drives Mr. A crazy I call it Dinner but I am Southern through and through and that's what we do.  (I can see Kera and Mrs. Moore shaking their heads with me)

Last night I was wondering why this particular event has thrown me for such a loop.  I'm usually the upbeat one and crash with pity after an event has passed so it's been strange to do the whole, "Woe is us," thing during the craziness.  As I was falling asleep, it hit me: I have the luxury of falling apart while it's happening because I KNOW it's going to get better.  Before, I never knew IF it would get better and would need to keep my wits about me for the long haul.  This time, while stressful, was just a blip in the road in this whole journey.  Just a stressful tire change and we're back on our way. 

Thanks for indulging my pity party.  Tater was the sick one and I was the one needing the support.  While my other son was sick away from home and my mother was having to pull out survival skills she hasn't needed in a while.  Ugh.  And thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  The sugar booger is on the mend.  I think we're still on track for the minor surgery on Friday and then on to Manny's house.  Thanks for everything, guys. 

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh sweet Caty, I am so sorry for your last week. I just read about 4 posts and wish I could give you a big hug right now. Instead I'm sending up a prayer that this "blip" quickly becomes a distant memory.

Love you all,
Mandy

Counter