Wednesday, April 7, 2010

If You Don't Tell Him, I Won't.

Monday-Tater is still sick.  Lungs junky with a "crackly" sound and needing the vent off and on all day.  Today-sick?  who's sick?  Not Tater.  His lungs sound clear and he's back to his normal nasal congestion.  huh?!  This kid loves him some roller coasters in the health area but I'm finding I'm too old to enjoy the ride.  Dude.  I'm tired.  And in need of a stiff drink or 10. 

Meanwhile, Mr. A is in on A MISSION to find the cause of our A/C troubles.  You know, so we don't spend all of our meager tax refund in one fell swoop with the heat pump guy.  I just heard the heat pump "pop" so I'm betting there is some cussing going on about now.  That and Toser is following him around in a T-shirt, underwear and tennis shoes with no socks.  I'm trying really hard not to laugh. 

I'll leave you with this fun bit of a night in the life of us: We live on a "Mountain" (1600 feet, so really a hill) and our property backs up to a State Park with over 2000 acres of property. There are dozens of hiking and biking trails and the weather was especially nice today so the visitors were out in full force. Apparently someone got lost this afternoon. Not usually a big deal because if you head downhill in any direction, you'll hit residential areas; you'll be far off course, but you can get help. The protocol for when someone gets lost is to position police cars and fire trucks in the various hiking parking lots around the "Mountain" and they sound their sirens at 5 minute intervals so whomever is lost can orient themselves. The main parking lot is maybe 150 yards from our back deck so we get a full view of the goings on. People with flashlights in the trees and the sirens every.freakin.five.minutes. No one has ever been seriously lost so we can afford the luxury of getting very frustrated with the proceedings.  We really are good people, we just like our quiet backyard to be quiet. I'm sure the lost person would be very appreciative of our conversation.  Plus, whomever decides to go off-trail 30 minutes before dark thinking it won't be a big deal OBVIOUSLY needs to be talked about. 

No comments:

Counter