Saturday, January 12, 2008

M.S. High

as opposed to Rocky Mountain High, Colowado (I guess you have to know YB's family and/or John Denver songs and/or where we live to get that one) (Colowado is Toser speak)

ANYWAY- we're breaking out of here today (Saturday). The pulmonologist thinks we can handle monitoring Tater's oxygen levels at home. WE’VE ONLY BEEN DOING IT THE ENTIRE TIME WE'VE BEEN HERE. The nurses on the floor love us because the doctors write orders to let us handle feedings, monitors, etc., so we're not ringing the nurse call button every 20 minutes. At the very least the pulmonologist has been very clear about what to watch for and when to call him/freak out/panic. And he's dictated a very thorough report and questions for the cardiologist so all we have to do is show up and hand over a piece of paper to him. Usually we have to answer 20,000 questions with new doctors and smile/nod through their incredulous-ness at the lack of a diagnosis. It will be nice to sit back and just be.

Our friend, Auntie H, is coming by to help load up the car so we can run when they give us the okay and lab reports we’re waiting for. Apparently the lab was flooded this morning and all labs are back up. It’s okay. The hole in the couch where I’ve been sitting the last few days will miss me when I’m gone so I’m allowing it a few more snuggles before we leave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Tater and Toser,
You are the apples of our eyes. Your cousins Doodle and Nick miss you and can't wait to see you again. We wish that we lived closer. Just think if Georgia weren't there how closed we would be to each other!
We send all of our best energy to Tater and are looking forward to some good news from the Vandy Docs next week.
Tater, you certainly keep your Mommy and Daddy on their toes!
We love you so much!!
Aunt Leeda and Uncle Cracker

Amy said...

I'm so glad you posted on the caringbridge site. It's strange...I was JUST looking at a gift I had never given TnT. It made me wonder how you all were doing--I should have called. WHAT CAN WE DO?? We'll call tomorrow. Know that we are thinking of you and praying for you.
Much love,
Aim, SKP, Kowboy and Connman (I'm loving this nickname thing ;)

Jen said...

Great news - we're both so glad to hear Tater's home now!

TyTy & J-Fu-Bu

Counter