I'm sitting here watching this HUGE spider crawling on the outside of our back glass doors, trying not to be too squeamish. I'm actually a little nauseous thinking about it getting into the house. ugh. But, apparently I've passed on my hatred/fear of spiders onto Toser and he seems to be a bit of a sissy around bugs. Not that I want him being buddies with creatures, but he squeals every time he sees a creepy crawly and that might be a little embarrassing for him later in life. ahem. It's hard to find a balance between being neat and tidy and scared to death of spiders and raise a son around so much nature. Last week he fell into the creek behind our house, got a little muddy and was devastated. I told him it was okay, boys are supposed to get muddy, and now it's become his mantra. He keeps telling me boys are supposed to get muddy and every time he says it I think, "Omigosh, my carpets are white. He's going to ruin our house because I'm trying to make him 'manly.'" Add all this to the ant infestation in our kitchen and I'm a little on edge about the mud and bugs. At least the hospital was sterile and bug-free.
So, we're finally getting back to normal. Tater is thriving. All he wanted to do the first 2 days we were home was sleep. The third day I decided he could catch up on sleep later and he needed to start living life so we got him up and we've been toting him and his gear around the house since. He definitely doesn't travel light so it's not a piece of cake; every where Tater goes so does the vent, the emergency go-bag and the suction machine that sounds like a weed eater. We have 2 nurses, 16 hrs/day for 4 days/week. This helps out a lot when it's time to feed Tater or do his breathing treatments and Toser is needing some attention. Mr. Awesome went back to work last Wednesday and while I COULD do all this myself, I could also DECLARE MYSELF CRAZY and become a drunk. So I'm grateful for the help and the extra time I'm getting to spend with the Toser. We've had a few rookie mistakes but all in all we're doing well and settling into our new normal (man-that normal keeps changing).
Time for Tater to get a breathing treatment. And Toser to eat lunch. We don't have a nurse today so I have to divide myself into 2 to get anything done. Thank God for Steak Out.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi from Pittsburgh! have been following your accounts. Wanted to tell you that you are both AWESOME! Also, my saying is that "normal" is just a setting on the washing machine!
Love from a distant cousin - Pam
Glad to hear you are all home now and getting back to "normal". When you figure out how to divide yourself by 3, you need to post new pics of Toser and Tater. Besides, it'll be good practice for the next one (i doubt CC is going to let you bring LJ home) ;)
oops! forgot to sign the post.
we love you, the stebbins
Hey guys!! Hope all is well and you got this girl!!! :) Let me know if you EVER need a sitter ok!!! Love, Jenny
Post a Comment