Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Tater!!!

One year ago today Mr. Awesome and I were debating whether or not we should call my parents to come get Toser because my water had broken but we didn't want to wake anyone up. And then my contractions stopped after we did call them around 7:00 am so we called them back and asked them to pick up Chick-Fil-A on their way to our house. Um, priorities people. We hung out for a little while, pushed Toser on the swing and took our merry little time getting to the hospital. It was a nice, relaxing morning (other than those stupid contractions).

This morning started out a little differently. They came in for lab work at 5:45 and while Tater did not like being woken up with bright lights, he was smiling and flirting with the tech. And of course she couldn't find a vein because Tater's veins are horrible and shot; she asked the nurse if she could prick his finger instead of sticking him in a vein and then went and stuck him before getting the answer. (Okay, excuse me, but um, WHAT WAS THE FREAKIN' POINT OF ASKING IF SHE WAS GOING TO GO AHEAD AND STICK HIM?!!) I was trying not to piss off the lady who was sticking my son, but I was also trying to express my displeasure with the whole situation. Well, actually, I might have said what I just said above, but you know, I said it very sweetly. Of course that vein was gone so she ended up pricking his finger too. Poor Tater. He looked at me with his lip all stuck out and looking pitiful with big tears in his eyes. And then guess who got all nauseous and light headed, complete with brown vision and twinkly lights, and would have fallen in the floor had there not been a chair next to her. Oooo, oooo! I know, I know! That would have been me. I have never reacted like that to blood before but I guess it was a bit early and I was mad at the tech and I skipped dinner last night and needed something to eat. Whoooboy, there's no better way to throw your weight around than almost passing out on the lab tech. Now, I'll get no respect. Me. The stinkin' light weight.

Anyway, Tater's 1!!! And we're having Peggy Ann cupcakes and presents! He's already scoping out the presents and looking at me with this huge grin like he knows what's going on. We'll smear cupcake on his face and be sure to get a good picture. It's going to be a fun day. Kajja and Toser came down yesterday to celebrate; Coco and Papa are coming down today; more family later in the week... stretching out the number of days you can get attention, that's what birthdays are like at home.

Happy Birthday Tater! We love you-you little booger!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tater! We miss you and love you!
Love,
Aunt CC, Uncle TC, and LJ

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Tater!!!
Love,
the Otto's

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Tater! We love your birthday picture with you and your family. We can't wait to see you soon. Big hugs and kisses!
Love,
Aunt H and Uncle M :)

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Tater!!

The McM's

Amy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Tater!! I can't wait to see the cupcake smeared smile! You all look so wonderful.
Much love.

Chloe's mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TATER!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU TURNED ONE IN THERE!!! GET HOME SOON!!!!

Tell mommy not to skip din din anymore- it's easy to do. I think I lost 10 pounds in the Hospital with Chloe. You get sick of their food, sick of being there and so homesick you forget about your tummy!

Leah said...

Hi Caty, I found your blog somehow blog hopping around today. I've run across several today of people from the "old" days. lol

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and that I will add your family to my prayers. It's breaking my heart to see the pics of your little one in the hospital. I wish him a speedy recovery. And your almost 3 year old is a cutie pie!

~Telah said...

Hey Caty! Blast from the past,huh?! Leah and I were online IMing each other when we found your blog. First off, you haven't changed a bit, you look absolutely the same! You have a beautiful family too. I have spent the last hour or so reading over your archives. My thoughts and prayers are with you, girl. I set my blog to private a few weeks ago, but you can get my email through my profile. Hope to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Dear, Dear, Tater,

That rock star hair is going to take you places in life!! Happy, happy birthday to our precious nephew. We donated money towards a new Perth Sleeper for the PICU in your honor since I know that your mommy and daddy have worn out the one that was in room number one!

If I am remembering right, when your mommy and daddy bought the bed that they have now, your mommy said that her grandkids would be fighting over it. Well, I think it cost less than the PICU Perth sleeper, so, it might be the Perth bed that they will be fighting over since that is such a valuable bed to own!!

I hope you enjoyed the Peggy Ann Bakery petit fours. We wish we could have been there to eat some with you. You know how I love cake!!

Love and kisses,
Aunt Leeda, Uncle Cracker, Pencer and Nick (who has given up his career as a rock star and goes to bed by 8pm each night and sleeps through the whole night, thanks to a little encouragement and sleep training from mom and dad).

Anonymous said...

HHHaaappppppppY Birthday Tosseeees!
We Love you. Uncle Sot, Wissa, Pey pey and Bannah

erinberry said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Tater :)

Counter