The vent classes are going great; we're learning lots and hopefully will feel comfortable with everything by the time we go home. I will explain a little more about the classes later but right now I want to talk about Toser.
I love that kid so much. Mr. Awesome and I have been trading off going home to be with him and doing that makes me miss him that much more when I'm in Birmingham. He has gotten so much older in the last 2 months. He's so much more a boy than a toddler now and it makes me proud and sad. I love that he's getting a weird sense of humor like me (Mr. Awesome probably hates it) and he makes me laugh so much. He knows I laugh when he talks in a deep voice so he does it when I don't expect it. And last night when some friends of Kajja/neighbors of ours stopped by, he very loudly said, "I tooted!" while Kajja's friend was talking about God's mercy in the other room. I, of course, started laughing because I couldn't help it (which only encourages him). I fear the poor kid has gotten my ill sense of comedic timing. It drives Mr. Awesome crazy how I find things funny when things are serious-at least Toser comes by it honestly.
He can come up with some zingers even when he's being serious. The other day I was getting ready to leave and he picked up my keys and said, "I wanna start your car for you." I laughed and said maybe when he's 4 he can do it-he said, "maybe when I'm 3 I can do it." And earlier that day he was being cute and I told him I want him to stay little and he said, "But I want to get big." He still mispronounces some words (ephelant for elephant, ticktocs for tictacs, sing-it for music) but is beginning to correct himself and I know the days of cute mispronunciations are dwindling.
This kid has the biggest heart. You can tell he genuinely cares about other people (as much as an almost 3 year-old can) and is so sweet. He can drive me up the wall but make me want to dip him in chocolate and eat him at the same time. Lately when we leave he says, "But I want you to stay here," and when we say we have to go see Nate he always says, "Okay." Like he knows he has to make this sacrifice of not having us around so his brother can get better. It breaks my heart into a million pieces every time he does it. He's just recently started talking on the phone to us and it's even worse when he does it then.
He's got a great imagination and can play by himself like he's so much older. He's a bit OCD and has some sensory issues but is a boy through and through and can get dirty in 30 seconds flat. He loves to play in the "river" behind our house (it's a little creek) and also loves to play in the State Park our property backs up to. He thinks going on the trails and going to the overlook is something every kid can do on a daily basis and has such an appreciation for all things nature. He won't throw away any trash he generates at home but if he sees some trash on the ground in the park, he freaks out until we can find a can to throw it away. He's obsessive about recycling and knows that plastic goes in the blue bin.
He's the very definition of a conundrum and I wouldn't have it any other way. He makes our lives funny and balanced and overall better. He'll be 3 next week and it hurts me that he's growing up so fast. I want to keep him like this forever but know it's just going to get better. Until he becomes a teenager and then he can go live at PapaCoco's house.
1 comment:
I just love the mispronounciations too! Here's some good news- my 7 yr old does them still (because she knows I LOVE it! ) Instead of saying Enormous she says GEEENormous...stuff like that.!
I know you miss your Toser! Get schooled and get home MOM!
Post a Comment