Friday, March 7, 2008

Fluuuuuuu-achoo

Toser and Tater's pediatrician has been preaching to us to keep Toser the H away from the hospital. He's only been up there 3 times so we thought we were doing good. Well not so much. Toser got sick Tuesday morning, vomiting and fever. I took Toser to the doctor, tail between my legs, Wednesday afternoon and flu it is. Toser got a prescription for some flu meds and so did Mr. Awesome and I- because their pediatrician loves Tater that much and didn't want germs to go back to him. (But if the germs came from the hospital doesn't he already have it/them?) And since I had a scratchy throat and felt achy on Wednesday afternoon I have been banished from the hospital. It was bound to happen-you can't be around all those hicky germs and not get SOMETHING. Toser seems to be a little better-still whiny and clingy but no fever or exorcist episodes. I feel better now but Mr. Awesome feels bad. I'm glad I was only out for a couple of days-hopefully Mr. Awesome won't be thrown down for the count. I'll get to see Tater again this afternoon and have missed him so much.

Wissa, Unca Scott, Paypay and Bana have been here all week with the Toser and I don't know how we would have made it without them. Toser loves to be with them and begs to go to their house all the time. They leave to go back to normal today and I know Toser will have a hard time with that although they'll be glad to be back to their routine. Wissa has gone above and beyond with the cleaning up of vomit, doing laundry and dealing with cranky, sick people (ahem, me) on top of having to balance being with her family away from home and clean up after everyone. Thank you Wissa!

Still waiting for a bed in B'ham. Will keep you posted on that.

4 comments:

Chloe's mom said...

Hope all is well now!!! Glad you are getting reunited with Mr. Tater!!! Hope Toser gets back to 110%! : ) Jenny (Chloe's Mom)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everyone is getting healthy again (hopefully, Mr. Awesome will bounce back quickly). I love the pictures of Tater in the stroller. He's getting so big. And he's so handsome!!

the Stebbins

Anonymous said...

we are having withdrawals from the toser. "the rocket wissa, the rocket! There are "fee" rockets and 1 space shuttle! LOOK wissa! Look! I heard that over and over in my mind today! We miss him so much!

royster family said...

when you get a chance, email me from your current email address-updating our new email account. WISSA

Counter